The Office of the Commissioner Representing Employers represents over 650,000 Texas employers. The office also represents over 3 million small businesses across the state.
This office works on:
- employment issues,
- workforce development,
- unemployment taxes and claims, and;
- the business and legal climate affecting public and private employers.
The office also has four employment law attorneys on staff who are here to answer your employment law questions. To reach these attorneys call: 1-800-832-9394.
- Employer Job Matching - WorkInTexas.com
- Post a Job Listing - WorkInTexas.com
- Hearings and Appeals
- TWC Commissioners
- Overview of TWC Rules and Governing Statutes
- The State of Texas New Hire Program
- Tax Information and Transactions
- Unemployment Claims
- Texas Payday Law - Wage Claim
- Child Labor Laws
Employer Resources & Publications
- Texas Business Today - a monthly newsletter which covers current employment law topics and upcoming events.
- Texas Guidebook for Employers - a comprehensive guide on state and federal employment laws and workplace issues, including unemployment taxes, labor law, hiring and firing.
- Texas Guidebook for Employers - PDF version
- Employer FAQs
- Texas Employer Resources
Texas Conference for Employers
The Employer Commissioner's Office sponsors the Texas Conference for Employers. A series of employer seminars around the state.
Employers who attend these seminars will learn about state and federal employment laws. As well as the unemployment claim and appeals process.
Go to the Texas Conference for Employers page to find the schedules and registration forms for the conference.