The Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) Advisory Committee helps the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) with several important tasks:
- They work on creating policies and priorities that support building an educated and skilled workforce.
- They develop guidelines and standards for the AEL services statewide, making sure there's a good balance between general education and workplace skills development.
- They create a plan to help students transition smoothly into postsecondary education and career training programs.
- They set up a system to collect and track data on how well adult education and literacy programs are performing.
- They explore potential partnerships with nonprofit organizations, businesses, and other entities to improve literacy programs across the state.
The AEL Advisory Committee can have up to nine members, and they should include at least one representative from a business and one from a local Workforce Solutions office. The members serve for two years, but their terms are staggered.
Meeting Schedule, Agenda & Minutes
The meetings will be online using Zoom at 1:30 p.m. CST, unless there's a different time posted.
The AEL Advisory Committee meets at least four times a year, and sometimes more if necessary. We will post the meeting plans and approved notes as soon as they are ready. You can find all the linked documents in pdf format or video format for easy access.
|March 13, 2024
|June 19, 2024
|September 18, 2024
|December 11, 2024
|AEL Advisory Committee Meeting https://zoom.us/j/94591238552
|AEL Advisory Committee Meeting https://zoom.us/j/93856474224
|AEL Advisory Committee Meeting https://zoom.us/j/96772694978
|AEL Advisory Committee Meeting https://zoom.us/j/92584916099