The Self Sufficiency Fund is a training grant to help individuals obtain industry recognized credentials. The program focuses on training for the following groups:
- Adult recipients of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Individuals at risk of becoming dependent on public assistance.
- Individuals earning less than $37,000 annually with a dependent child.
Grant recipients are community-based organizations 501 (c)(3) and public community or technical colleges. Eligible grantees must provide occupational training that leads to an industry recognized certification.
Grant recipients will partner with eligible training providers. Training providers must:
- Demonstrate project support from local businesses.
- Work with local Workforce Development Boards to identify eligible participants.
- Complete and submit the grant application to TWC.
- Deliver training.
- Administer the grant.
What We Do
Grants & Funding
Education & Training
Discover how you can assist your employees in upgrading their skills.
Find education opportunities, occupational or vocational training and other resources to help you develop your skills.
Find resources for training providers, information on career schools, training provider certifications, and partnerships.