The We Hire Ability program recognizes Texas employers for their commitment to hiring people with disabilities, and for their efforts to create an inclusive workforce. Employers with at least 10 percent of their Texas-based workforce comprising people with disabilities, are eligible to receive a We Hire Ability decal to display on their storefront and a digital decal to display on their website.
These TWC and partner resources can help support your organization’s disability inclusion activities and keep you informed of the latest updates and tools.
- Guide to Hiring People with Disabilities
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) - DOL
- Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) – DOL
- What Can You Do? The Campaign for Disability Employment
- The National Employment Team - Council of State Administrators of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Employing Abilities @ Work certificate (SHRM Foundation & Understood)
- Putting Abilities to Work
- Tips for Employers Interviewing People with Disabilities
- Supporting Employees with Long Covid: A Guide for Employers
The Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation Business Team partners with employers to understand their hiring needs and provides customizable services to help with recruiting, hiring, retaining and accommodating employees with disabilities through the following no cost services.
- Disability Awareness & Education: Training on key disability employment issues in the workplace
- Worksite & Job Process Assessments: Identify solutions to physical or other barriers that may limit your ability to recruit, hire, retain or accommodate an employee with a disability
- Hiring & Retention Assistance: Access to qualified job candidates who meet your business needs, and enhance employee retention and productivity
- Federal Requirements & Financial Incentives Assistance: Resources to understand federal regulations and work incentives:
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities
- Increasing Access and Opportunities DEAM Poster
- East Texas Woman Shares Journey from Unemployable to Happily Working
- Vocational Rehabilitation Pre-Employment Transition Services
- Texas HireAbility Public Service Announcement
- Introduction to Texas Vocational Rehabilitation Services