Discover new career opportunities in Texas based on your skills and interests. With MyTXCareer you can browse personalized occupation matches based on your experience, skills, and interests. Explore recommended career paths to help you advance through the labor market. Learn how the Texas workforce system can support you with career resources and training.
Let us know how we can improve MyTXCareer.
Thank you for trialing the MyTXCareer mobile app. Please let us know about your experience with the app and how you think it can better help Texans.
Q: What is MyTXCareer?
A: MyTXCareer is a mobile app that helps inform Texas students about career options and high demand industries in Texas. The app is designed to help you explore different career pathways and find step-by-step resources to meet career goals. You can:
- Browse personalized occupation matches based on your experience, skills, and interests.
- Explore recommended career paths to help you meet your career goals.
- Take your next steps with access to TWC's career resources and training.
Learn more at twc.texas.gov/mytxcareer.
Q: Where do I download the MyTXCareer app?
Q: What information do I need to create a MyTXCareer account?
A: Your name and email address. From there, you will create a password. The app will also ask you for information about your education level, work experience, skills, and career interests.
Q: Do I have to create an account to use the app?
A: No, but creating an account allows you to save your career personality quiz results, education history, work experience, and skills. If you continue without an account, this information will not be saved and you will not get the full benefit of the features in the app.
Q: Is the app to free use? Is there any advertising in the app?
A: The app is free to use and there is no advertising or in-app purchases in MyTXCareer.
Q: What do I do if I forget my password?
A: From the mobile app sign-in page, click on “Forgot your password?.” Enter your email address and “Send password reset link.” You will receive an email from MyTXCareer@twc.texas.gov to reset your password. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see the password reset email right away.
Q: How do I get more information about training providers in my area?
A: When you choose an occupation you are interested in, you can request information about training programs in your area to help you prepare for the occupation in the “Want to Upskill?” section. Then, select a training program you are interested in and click “Request Information” and a representative from TWC’s TX Credential Connect team to contact you.
Q: Can I deactivate my account?
A: To deactivate your account, email MyTXCareer@twc.texas.gov.
MyTXCareer is a native mobile application provided by the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) to inform job seekers and students about career pathways in high-demand industries in Texas. MyTXCareer offers information about occupations in high-demand industries and the steps to move into these occupations. With MyTXCareer, you can:
- create an account with your personal email address,
- create personalized career pathways based on your career goals, interests, education and employment history, skills, and geographic location (county-level),
- access information about recommended next steps on your career pathway, training providers in your area, additional resources available through the Texas Workforce Commission, and how to contact your local Workforce Solutions Office for assistance,
- share your career pathways with others via email,
- establish account preferences,
- receive proactive notifications and alerts by email, and
- access information in the application without creating a user account or providing certain information, but the functionality of the application will be limited.
MyTXCareer is delivered as a native mobile application available for download in the Apple and Google stores for iOS and Android mobile phones. The application is provided free to users and does not include advertising or in-app purchases.
- Services will be available to everyone, and every effort will be made to ensure accessibility.
- Personally identifiable information will be kept safe and secured, and only information needed for customizing career pathways will be collected.
- Personal information (such as name, phone number, ZIP code, education, work history, etc.) will be stored as the retention of this information is necessary for the functioning of the application.
- Any suspicious or illegal activity may be reported to law enforcement.
- Users can discontinue using MyTXCareer at any point, but your personal information may continue to be stored within the application.
- Personal information will be protected in accordance with international, federal, and state security standards and regulations. This includes encrypting or scrambling all personally identifiable information and storing in a secure environment.
- Local storage is a way of saving data on your mobile device. MyTXCareer uses local storage to store progress through the screens, save goal options, and make the application work more efficiently.
- Personal information will not be used for any marketing purposes.
- By providing your phone number and email address, you may receive notifications from MyTXCareer.
- The MyTXCareer native mobile application:
- will log data about issues with the application or status of the application that can be used for debugging purposes,
- will track analytics to monitor application usage, and
- may be impacted by Internet delays or outages beyond the application’s control.
- Users of the app may not access, attempt to access or distribute, any user account information other than their own.
- Any legal dispute must be decided under the laws and in the courts of Texas.
Accuracy of Information
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides information via MyTXCareer as a public service. Please note that users of this application are responsible for checking the accuracy, completeness, currency and/or suitability of all information themselves. TWC makes no representations, guarantees, or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or suitability of the information provided via this application. TWC specifically disclaims any and all liability for any claims or damages that may result from providing the application or the information it contains.
Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) maintains the MyTXCareer application as a public service. Your privacy is one of our top priorities. This policy describes the privacy practices regarding information collected when using the MyTXCareer application.
Collection & Use of Information
To create an account on MyTXCareer, you will need to enter information about yourself, including your name and email address. You may also optionally enter your phone number. MyTXCareer uses non-sensitive data to personalize your experience, gather information about application usage, and improve the product.
When you use MyTXCareer, we may also collect and store, indefinitely, the Internet protocol (IP) address from which you access MyTXCareer. An IP address is a unique number assigned to the computer you are using when you access the web. We collect this information for our own Internet security protocols to help protect the security of MyTXCareer and your data.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Children under the age of 13 are not eligible to use services that require submission of personal information and should not submit any personal information to us. This includes submitting personal information to the application as part of a user profile. If you are a child under the age of 13, you can use these services only if used together with your parents or guardians. Seek guidance from your parents or guardians if you are under the age of 13.
You may modify your personal information by logging into the MyTXCareer account that you created. At any point after creating your account, you can modify your phone number, password, and more.
Deactivating Your Account
You can deactivate your MyTXCareer account at any time by emailing your request to MyTXCareer@twc.texas.gov.
Deactivating the account clears all data except for the account name, email address, and transaction history. Deactivation can take up to 180 days after the date of request. In this time, you can re-activate your account if you change your mind. We record a login session as re-activating. If no activity is present on the account after this period, data will not be recoverable.
MyTXCareer utilizes extensive security measures to protect against the loss or misuse of information shared by users. MyTXCareer follows generally accepted industry standards and the appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect the privacy of personal information submitted to MyTXCareer, both during transmission and when MyTXCareer receives it.
Information Retention & Public Information Act
MyTXCareer does not sell and does not generally release personally identifiable information to third parties. However, information provided to any governmental body may be subject to disclosure pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act and applicable federal and state legislation. Information about the Texas Public Information Act is available from the Office of the Attorney General and at Texas Government Code, Chapter 552.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this policy at any time. We encourage you to review this page periodically to stay informed of any updates. Any modifications are effective immediately.