Office of the Commissioner Representing Labor


The labor commissioner's office represents the interests of workers with respect to TWC services.

Workers may contact the labor commissioner's office for information about TWC services and for referral to agencies or entities that might assist with workplace concerns.

Here is a link with answers to some of the most frequently asked questions received by this office.

Return to Top

Payday Law, Child Labor & Texas Minimum Wage Law

An employee who thinks he or she has not been paid all wages earned may file a complaint with TWC’s Labor Law Section. The Labor Law Section can answer questions about the laws governing wage payments to employees, restricted work rules for children and information on the Texas Minimum Wage Act; call 800-832-9243.

Return to Top

Game Changing Initiatives -Workforce Specialists Guiding Pathways for High School students and CTE Signing day

Return to Top