Find Apprenticeships – information and resources to help you start your career through apprenticeship
ApprenticeshipTexas works with employers to create new apprenticeship programs and include more varied participants. They aim to strengthen their partnerships to reach these goals.
Registered Apprenticeship Offers Cost-Effective, Customized Training
Apprenticeship is a great way for people to start a career. Employers offer this special program where individuals can learn and earn at the same time. Here are some things that apprenticeships include:
- Paid Careers: Apprentices work like regular employees and get paid while they learn important skills that businesses need.
- On-the-Job Learning: They learn by doing real work in a structured way.
- Related Instruction: They also attend classes (in person or online) to improve their skills.
- Mentorship: Skilled workers guide and support apprentices during their hands-on learning.
- Credentials: When they successfully finish the program, they earn a special certificate that is recognized across the country.
Benefits of a Highly Skilled Workforce
Find and keep skilled workers to help your business succeed! Here are some benefits:
- Increased Productivity: Employees learn new skills while they work, making them more effective.
- Improved Profitability: Your business will make more money and have a good return on the investment.
- Increased Retention: Workers will stay longer when they feel loyal to the company.
- Improved Efficiency: Everyone gets the same training, making things run smoothly.
- Increased Diversity: Hiring new people with different ideas will make your team stronger.
- Improved Motivation: Experienced workers can mentor and encourage new talents.
ApprenticeshipTexas: A Gateway to Workforce Services
Send us an email for one-on-one help and guidance to start your program successfully. We can also tell you more about how apprenticeship can benefit your business. Get started today!
How It Works
There are five steps to make a Registered Apprenticeship (RA) program. Depending on where you are in the process, you can start with different steps. But no matter where you are, we are here to help you!
These are the steps:
- Explore: Learn about apprenticeship and its benefits. Find out which jobs have good opportunities for apprentices.
- Partner: Work together with apprenticeship representatives, workforce groups, educators, and others to create your program.
- Build: Decide on the type of program you want and make a plan for the training.
- Register: We'll help you through the process of designing and applying for your program. Once everything is ready, you'll register your program with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL).
- Launch: Start by recruiting new apprentices, training your workforce and spreading the word about your program.
In Texas, you can find apprenticeships in many different industries. There are traditional ones like Construction and Manufacturing and newer ones like Healthcare and Information Security.
DOL's website has a list of available occupations in apprenticeship programs.
If you want to learn more about starting your career through apprenticeship, visit Find Apprenticeships. There, you'll find more information and resources to help you get started.