Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.
Skip to main content

Texas State law allows employers in Texas that have a Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) tax account number to designate a mailing address for receiving TWC notices at a preferred location, including: 

  • Unemployment claim notices
  • Chargeback notices

Unemployment claim notices allow you to:

  • Respond to a former employee's request for unemployment benefits.
  • Provide facts so TWC can make an appropriate decision about paying unemployment benefits.

Chargeback notices allow you to:

  • Verify the reported wages used to establish a claim.

Provide job separation information used to determine if benefits paid to a claimant will affect your unemployment tax rate

Designate an Address

You may designate any business-related address, such as:

  • Human resources department
  • Payroll department
  • Service agent or third-party representative

You should choose a location where staff can access required information.

Staff who respond to a Notice of Application for Unemployment Benefits or Request for Work Separation Information must have access to information about job separations, so they can provide TWC with facts.

Staff who respond to a Notice of Maximum Potential Chargeback should have access to wage and separation information necessary for TWC to determine if charges should be applied to your account.

When You Do Not Designate an Address

If you do not designate an address for unemployment claim notices and/or chargeback notices:

  • We will mail unemployment claim notices to the last work address provided by the employee.
  • We will mail chargeback notices to your address of record with the TWC Tax Department.

Establish or Change a Designated and/or Chargeback Address

The fastest way to establish or change a designated or chargeback address is with Employer Benefits Services (EBS). When you use EBS to designate or change an address, the change goes into effect the next business day. Log on to EBS and select Other Services from the My Home tab, then select Designated Address from the Quick Links menu. 

Employers may also complete and submit the Employer Designated Mailing Address Form.

A designated address remains in effect until you designate a new address, or you notify TWC that the designated address is no longer valid. To cancel a designated address, see the instructions below. Make sure you update your designated address if you move or change your authorized third-party representative.

Cancel a Designated and/or Chargeback Address

Employers cannot cancel a designated or chargeback address online. To cancel a designated or chargeback address, an employer or their third-party representative must send a letter by mail or fax to TWC:

Texas Workforce Commission
P.O. Box 149137
Austin, TX  78714-9137

Fax: 512-305-8998 

Third-Party Representation

If you designate a mailing address to a different company or a person not employed by your company, you must authorize that company or person to represent you with TWC by completing a Written Authorization form. If you do not have a Written Authorization form on file with TWC, submit one on Unemployment Tax Services. See our Written Authorization webpage for submission directions.

If you currently use a service agent (third-party representative) to handle unemployment benefit claims notices, you may designate that agent's address, as long as you have a Written Authorization form for that service agent on file with TWC. Either you or your authorized service agent may request a designated claims or chargeback address.

Written Authorization to Represent Employing Unit

You may authorize a representative, such as a service agent or a certified public accountant, to represent you in your relations with TWC. If you authorize a representative to transact all business with TWC by completing a Written Authorization form, they will serve as your lawful representative until you revoke authorization by completing a Revocation of Written Authorization form.