Form C-42 is used to authorize an individual or service company to represent you in all matters before Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). Any business or employer that wants to grant an individual or service company the authority to represent them in matters before TWC can submit Form C-42. Form C-42 is submitted online through the Unemployment Tax Services (UTS) system.
TWC Internet User ID & Password
Please use the following steps for submitting the Written Authorization form C-42:
- Logon to Unemployment Tax Services.
- Select the Account Info tab.
- Select Third Party Authorization from the Quick Links menu.
Tips for Submitting a Written Authorization
- Review and verify the following information. Use this form to authorize an individual or service company to represent an employer in all matters before the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC).
- Any business or employer that wants to grant an individual or service company the authority to represent them in matters before TWC can use this form.
- The written authorization must be signed by the:
- Individual, if the Grantor is a sole proprietor
- Owner or an officer of an organization or a partner of a partnership
- Fiduciary or trustee for a trust or estate
- Complete the required certification check box.
- Select your Grantor Work Title, as you may not complete the form if you are not an owner, partner or officer.
- Complete required information fields.
- Select Grant Written Authorization button.
- DocuSign process:
- Review all account and user information (i.e., Employer Name, FEIN, business type, mailing address & phone number) and update via the relevant Quick Links on the Account Info tab before proceeding to complete Form C-42.
- Review Electronic Record and Signature Disclosure agreement.
- Select Continue button.
- Use DocuSign feature to sign the form.
- Print completed form for your records, if desired.
- Select the Finish button upon completion.
- A copy of the completed form will be sent to the email associated with the Grantor's account.
- A copy of the completed form will also be available for reference via the eCorres tab.