Purpose of this Form

Use this form to request reimbursing status for a TWC employer unemployment insurance tax account.

  • Election to Pay Reimbursements (Form C-6A)Election to Pay Reimbursements (Form C-6A) MS Word orElection to Pay Reimbursements (Form C-6A) PDF

Certain employers can elect to pay reimbursements for unemployment benefits paid to its former employees in lieu of paying unemployment insurance taxes.

Return to Top

Who Can Use this Form

Political subdivisions, federally recognized American-Indian tribes, and non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations can use this form.  For a complete listing of employers who qualify for this option, see Reimbursing & Government Employers.

Return to Top


An employer with a newly-established tax account that wants to become a reimbursing employer must submit this form to TWC within 45 days from the date the liability notice letter is sent to the employer.

A previously established taxed employer must submit this form by December 1st to become a reimbursing employer for the next calendar year.

Employers must remain a taxed or reimbursing employer for at least two years before requesting to change that status. For information on how a reimbursing employer can change to a taxed employer status, see Application for Withdrawal of Election to Pay Reimbursements (Form C-6F).

Return to Top

Where to Mail Your Form

Mail completed forms, inquiries, or corrections to:

TWC Tax Department
P.O. Box 149037
Austin, TX 78714-9037

Return to Top

Open Records

Individuals may receive and review information that TWC collects about the individual by emailing open.records@twc.texas.gov or writing to:

TWC Open Records
101 E 15th St, Rm 266
Austin, TX 78778-0001

Return to Top