The Unemployment Tax Services (UTS) system allows employers to adjust previously filed wage reports, regardless of whether the report was originally submitted online. UTS allows adjustments for up to 1,000 employees.
You must have a User ID and password to adjust wage reports online using UTS.
User ID & Password
During the quick and simple registration process, you will create a User ID and password to use each time you access UTS. To register and to learn about other online services, visit Unemployment Tax Services.
Authority to Adjust a Filed Wage Report Online
The account administrator for the employer's unemployment tax account grants the authority to file a wage report online. This authority also allows you to adjust a filed wage report online. If you are the administrator for the employer's unemployment tax account, you already have the authority to file and adjust a wage report online.
You may find the following information helpful in adjusting a wage report.
Wage Report Adjustment Tips
- Each webpage in UTS has a "Need help?" link to a help page explaining the page's purpose and defining each field.
- Quarterly wage reports filed online can be adjusted two business days after they were submitted.
- If you logoff before submitting the adjusted wage report, it is automatically saved as incomplete. Incomplete adjusted wage reports are available for you to resume editing or to delete.
- Incomplete quarterly wage reports will be deleted if an adjustment is submitted.
- The changes you make may affect the total taxable wage amount. These effects could include additional unemployment taxes, interest, late reporting penalties or an overpayment where a refund is due to you.
- Adjustments to a filed wage report may include adding an employee or correcting an employee's Social Security number, name, or wage amount. To delete an employee wage record, change their wages to zero.
- If your report contains any Social Security number errors, the system will prompt you to correct them before you continue to adjust the wage report.
- You can search for an employee by their Social Security number or last name.
- You can review and edit the information before submitting the adjusted wage report.
- Once you submit the adjusted wage report, a confirmation page will display. You can print a copy for your records.
- Adjusted wage reports are available for viewing.
- You can also file a wage report online.
Please use the following steps to adjust your wage report.
- Logon to Unemployment Tax Services.
- Select your account.
- Select the Report Filing tab.
- Select the Adjust Wage Report quick link.
- Select the Adjust link.
- Select Add to add an employee or search for a previously reported employee.
- Enter the employee wage detail and select the Save button.
- Select Continue from the Adjust Employee - Search page.
- Select the Reason from the drop-down menu or add a comment.
- Select Next.
- Select Submit Adjustment to submit your changes.
- View and print the Report Adjustment Confirmation.
- If your adjustment results in tax due, you may pay on UTS. See How to Pay Unemployment Taxes Online.
Most adjustments should be made online. In certain situations, the report you need to adjust may not be available on UTS. If the wage report you need to adjust is not available online, contact us for help.
If you have an approved hardship waiver on file with TWC, you may use Forms C-5 and C-7 to adjust a report. See Tax Forms & Instructions.
If you are unable to access the employer’s unemployment tax account or do not know who the administrator is, please submit a Contact Request. From the Employer menu, select:
- Reason for Contact: User Log-On/Password Issues
- Issue that you are having: Select the appropriate issue.